With Black Friday and Cyber Monday behind us, it’s time for the “shopping day for social good.” Tomorrow, December 3rd, global charities, families, businesses, community centers, students and more will come together to create #GivingTuesday. #Giving Tuesday is a campaign that promotes a national day of giving that celebrates and encourages charitable giving.
As a Social Media Ambassador for the #GivingTuesday campaign this year, I want to spread the word and share some ways to get involved:
Here are some tips:
- Tweet about it! Tweet a message of how you’re giving back. Include the hashtag #GivingTuesday, the URL http://www.Givingtuesday.org and their handle @givingtues
- Take an UNselfie: Find a cause you’re passionate about, take a photo of you or others holding up a sign saying what you did to give back and then post it. Or take a photo of the people you partnered with or provided a service to! Best part about this is you can post it across all of your social networks (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and, of course, Twitter)
- Create a Pinterest board of “ways to give back” that highlights ideas within your community.
- Share #GivingTuesday inspirational quotes across social media channels.
- And of course, follow them on Twitter, and Facebook.
Celebrate this #GivingTuesday by donating to our local organizations.
Let us know how you give back tomorrow!